Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cult Nails Deceptive Top Coat Collection - Part One

If you like my facebook page then you would know that a little while ago I received some "burritos". For those of you who are obsessed with nail polish just as much as I do, then you know that burritos= Cult Nail Polish! Today I have the entire Deceptive Top Coat collection to show you which was released on September 1st. All swatches shown below are over Cult Nail's Nevermore which is a one coat black creme polish.

*** Warning, swatches below may give you the urge to grab your credit card & make a purchase! But be quick, these are Limited Edition!***

L-R: Doppelganger, Two Timer, Deception, Charlatan, Nevermore
First up is Alter Ego. Alter Ego is a golden shimmer with teeny tiny bits of green in certain lighting. This may be placed over neutral colors for a subtle shimmery look, or over darker polishes to add a little bit of drama to your manicure.

Sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Light box

Light box
Light box
 Next is Deception. Deception is a pink to purple shimmer. I really liked the shade of purple it turned to when layered over black, this will be my go to dark purple from now on!
Sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Light box
Light box
Light box
This here is Two Timer. Two Timer is like the opposite of Alter Ego; it is a green shimmer with a teeny tiny bit of gold. Indoors Two Timer looks like a beautiful emerald green metallic color, but outside in the sunlight it comes off as an evergreen color.
Sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Light box
Light box
Light box
Next up is what is probably the most anticipated top coat of the collection. Charlatan is a pink to purple to blue shimmer, and the intensity of the color that shows the most depends on the color it is layered over.
Sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Light box
Light box
Light box
Last, but certainly not least is Doppelganger. Doppelganger is a milky like shimmer containing a rainbow of colors! When layered over black it gives off as a slightly blue color. In my opinion, this is the most original top coat I have ever seen.
Sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Light box
Light box
Light box
My favorites of this collection are Doppelganger & Charlatan because I think they are the most original, but they are all beautiful none the less. I was amazed by how easy the application was for each of these and how quickly they dried. The combinations are endless with these top coats, it's like having 6 polishes when in actuality your just spicing up one you already have! The collection can be purchased at http://www.cultnails.com/. For more information about upcoming collections & the company, check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CultNailsLacquer?ref=ts.

I most certainly will be doing a second part to this review over white & a variety of colors selected by me. If you would like to see any of these layered over a specific color, let me know & I will include it in part 2.

Which one is your favorite?

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3

**This polish was sent to me for my honest review & does not affect my opinion in any way**










2 comments:

  1. Ok, Charlatan is just BEAUTIFUL!! Love it! I also tagged you for a Liebster Blog Award :D
    http://tesdiditnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing them over different colours and white. I would be interested to see what Two-Time would look like over a green or teal/turquoise. Thanks for the lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete