Saturday 12 January 2013

Born Pretty Store Review

Good afternoon everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this well needed weekend, I know I am!Today I have 3 products from the Born Pretty Store to show you today.

Shipping and Packaging
The shipping took unusually long to get to me (Almost 6 weeks!) which I am going to blame on it being sent around the holidays which is always crazy for post offices. All the items arrived safely in a bubble mailer.

Product and Trial
The three products I received are the:
-12 Color Line Nail Art Striping Tape Design Lines
-Black Nail Art Brush Oblique Brush for UV Gel Use Pen
-BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish #30

The BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry nail polishes do not have names, just numbers. The color I selected is #30. These polishes come in little 8ml bottles with caps that match the polish color which I thought was cute. The brush is a little bit smaller than average, but was very easy to work with. I only used 2 coats to get full coverage & added a coat of Gelous for added shine.
I selected the oblique nail art brush knowing that I would use it for clean up. To put it to the test, I purposely put nail polish on my skin and under my cuticles. Here is the before and after:
Before
After
The last item I received a pack of 12 striping tape. It comes in 12 different colors which are Gold, Pink, White, Deep green, Red, Deep blue, Neon Rose, Silver, Brown, Light blue, Green, and Purple. Striping tape is used for all sorts of nail art. It can be used and left on the nail for a pretty and neat line or you can do what I have done and apply the strips on the nail, paint over them, then reveal the design you have created. The base color (the lines) in this manicure is the BK Sweet Candy fast drying polish in #30, and the top color is Tip Top Nail Addicts Love From Above. For pictures, check out my full post here.
Final Thoughts
Overall I am very satisfied with these products. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the striping tape! The polish however had a funny smell to it, and although I love the brush and how soft it is and how well it worked, it feels like silver bit is starting to separate from the rest of the brush!

The Black Nail Art Brush Oblique Brush for UV Gel Use Pen costs $1.70, the BK Sweet Candy Fast Dry Nail Art Polish costs $2.95, and the  12 Color Line Nail Art Striping Tape Design Lines Set costs $8.99 with free shipping, but Daisy has provided me with a coupon for you guys to make the deal even sweeter! If you use the code "SKL91" during checkout, you will receive an additional 10% off your purchase! 
Don't forget to stay in touch with the Born Pretty Store for more deals and updates!
Website: www.bornprettystore.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BornPrettyStore2010?fref=ts
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bornprettystore
Link to Striping Tape: http://www.bornprettystore.com/color-line-nail-striping-tape-design-lines-p-231.html
Link to Nail Polish: http://www.bornprettystore.com/colors-sweet-candy-fast-nail-polish-p-4853.html
Link to Nail Art Brush: http://www.bornprettystore.com/black-nail-brush-oblique-brush-p-4086.html

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3



*Products sent for my honest review*

2 comments:

  1. NICE! i ORDERED THE STRIPING TAPE AND SOME BLACK STAMPING POLISH A WHILE BACK..HOEPFULLY IT'LL GET TO ME SOON :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both blue colours
    A girl never have enough blue polish....

    ReplyDelete