Wednesday 22 May 2013

Silver Holo Comparison - Color Club vs. NFU OH

Take a look at this photo, can you see any differences??? No? Didn't think so.

Well how about this photo? A little bit of difference? Hmm...

Well what about THESE photos?! Huge difference guys. As the title suggests, today's post is a silver holographic polish comparison between NFU OH #61 and Color Club Harp On It. For all of you that are as involved in the nail polish world as I am, you probably already know which polish is which without me even having to tell you! On my index and ring finger is 2 coats of #61, and on my middle finger and pinky is 2 coats of Harp On It. Even though years ago people debated that #61 was the best silver holo around, I would beg to differ! Unless I got a bad batch ( I got my bottle 1-2 years ago, not when they first came out), than there's not much going on with #61. But to be fair I did take an outside photo because as we all know, you never know the true effect of a holo until you are in the sun.

In the sun, the holo in #61 is a bit more apparent, but is nothing in comparison to Harp On It!

 In the shade, #61 looks like a very opaque matted silver polish, whereas Harp On It looks like a shiny silver with gold shimmer. The holo in #61 is more of a subtle look which is great for certain occasions, but Harp On It has enough holo to make you want to smack your momma (hehehe)! The application on #61 was a bit streaky, but the application of Harp On It was flawless. These polishes are clearly not dupes, and I do think they are both great additions to any collection because they are extremely different. As I acquire more silver holographics, I will make an updated posts so you can find the perfect holo to fit your taste and personality.

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I would take Harp On It in a HEARTBEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite surprised. I thought they would be much closer in appearance.

    ReplyDelete