Saturday 5 October 2013

September Wantable Subscription Box Review

Hello everyone ! Today I have a different type of review up on the blog; a beauty subscription box! I was approached by a company called Wantable which is a new beauty and jewelry subscription box. You receive 5-7 full sized beauty products, valued at $80 or more, for a monthly subscription at $36/month( or you can purchase a single box for $40). And you never have to worry about getting a product you absolutely hate; because every product you receive is selected based on your likes & dislikes you tell them in the process of setting up your account.


In my September Wantable subscription box, I received: 
- Two Eye Products
- Two Lip Products
- Two Nail Products
- One Body Product


Let's start with the nail products. I received 2 nail polishes from a new-to-me brand called LAQA & CO. The two colors I received  are called Nookie (bwahaha) which is on the left and Blurple which is on the right. Each polish by this brand comes in a unique packaging which I think is amazing, the amount of detail put into just this got me excited for the polish quality. I was absolutely AMAZED when I swatched these polishes. My swatches of both polishes are only one coat worn alone. Each of these polishes have extremely great coverage and a fast dry time, I hope I can track down more of this brand because the quality is phenomenal.

Now let's move into some unknown territory with this blog; makeup. The two eye products I received are both eye shadows, but from two different brands. The first eye shadow (on the left) is Chocolat by Lise Watier (Retail price in Canada: $18) and it is a beautiful dark chocolate matte brown color. The second eye shadow (on the right) is Birthday Suit by Be a Bombshell Cosmetics (Retail: $14) and it is a nude buff color with a matte finish recommended for highlighting, or for use as the base color. Both eye shadows are extremely pigmented and easy to work with. Below is a look I *attempted* (I rarely wear makeup & I'm trying to teach myself how this stuff works bwahaha) using these two eye shadows along with another shade of brown from a Milani palette.


The lip products I received were a lip veneer and a lipstick. The lip veneer is by a brand called Whip Hand Cosmetics (Retail: $20), and it applies like a lip gloss but has the intense color of a lipstick. The color I received is Frenzy which is a beautiful deep red color. I did mess up my applicator with this product when I accidentally tried to remove it not knowing that's how I needed to apply it, but it still works *EPIC FAIL*. And the lipstick that I received is by a brand called MiA BelleZZa  (Retail: $18.50) in the shade Mulberry which is a beautiful bright red matte lipstick. Both products have long lasting color , however you may have to reapply at least once during the day. Both were also surprisingly moisturizing and did not feel sticky, YAY!


I also took some shots without the colored lip products so you can see how versatile these eyeshadows really are; great for all day, everyday use!.

The last product included in my box is this Body Oil by the brand Echo Vie. I am still testing this one out, but so far it has been softening my skin and it smells wonderful!


Overall I think the idea of this beauty box is a great idea. I know the cost of some of these products if you were to buy them in stores, and it really is a better deal to get the box instead. I also think it is a great way to introduce yourself to new brands & see what they have to offer. 

For more information about the Wantable subscription boxes, please check out their website at https://www.wantable.com/. Also feel free to like Wantable.com on Facebook for sneak peeks, contests, and giveaways!

Peace & Love,
--TPJ<3
*Products sent for my honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment